Student-Powered Hunger Relief

Meet our Future Campus Kitchens!

, November 6th, 2017

The Campus Kitchens Project team is proud to announce that with 5,661 votes, Georgia College and State University came in first place in the Fall 2017 Launch Grant Competition sponsored by Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation. As the school to finish with the most votes they not only win a $5,000 grant sponsored by Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation, they also will receive airfare and lodging for two for the Food Waste & Hunger Summit. Graceland University and Earlham College also competed, coming in second and third place respectively, and will both be awarded $5,000 to help with startup costs.

On the final morning of the competition, the top two teams were about 10 votes away from each other. By the time voting closed at noon, Georgia College and Graceland University had each added over 1000 votes to their totals! That means that over 2000 individuals were motivated to make their voices heard as to who should win our launch grant competition.

We understand that the planning process requires organization, devotion, and motivation from students as they work with our team to meet the necessary qualification deadlines. While it’s a busy time for everyone, it brings out the best in the student leaders and their communities. This competition showcases the amazing power that student voices have.

When issues are presented to students, the first question is always ‘What can we do to help?’ The students who participated in the launch grant competition represent a part of the population who take that question one step further. They identified a problem, found a solution, and are working to implement it in their respective communities. We are proud to be welcoming them into our network of #hungerfighters.

Any student can make this a reality. The Campus Kitchens Project is always looking for students who are ready to make a change in their communities. We offer two Launch Grant Competitions a year and welcome everyone to compete. The three schools that competed in this Launch Grant Competition will add to the diversity and depth of our network. We are all excited to welcome them and can’t wait to see the good work that they will accomplish in their communities. Congratulations to all!

CKP Twitter CKP Facebook Donate Now