Benefits of Having a Campus Kitchen
How does your school benefit?
- Enhanced student commitment to service through on campus engagement opportunities —a proven component of a strong educational experience for students.
- Local recognition for your school’s involvement in the community.
- Service learning collaborations in a variety of disciplines.
- An opportunity to bridge the gap between the university and surrounding community.
- Students prepared with relevant, real life experience to supplement job applications.
- More involved and informed student body around community and global concerns.
How do students benefit?
- Leadership and internship positions.
- Accessible, on-campus service opportunities.
- Experience with non-profit organization administration.
- Network of peers at other Campus Kitchens.
- Opportunity to make local and national impact.
How does dining services benefit?
- Increased interaction with students, university and the community.
- Volunteer opportunities for employees—proven to increase employee retention.
- On-campus and national recognition and publicity.
- Reduced food waste, saving dining halls thousands of dollars each year.
- Tax benefits through in-kind contributions that can be counted as 1.5 times the cost of the original food purchase.